Sioux Center Health is reaching out to the community for urgent help.
For those of you looking for ways to serve back to our health ministry or looking for a craft to do with your family, Sioux Center Health is in an urgent need of cloth mask. Below you can find the instructions on the specific material and pattern that is required to help protect our patients and healthcare workers. The drop off bin is located in the main entrance of the hospital.
We thank you for your prayers, support, and willingness to help keep our community safe.
Cloth Surgical/Isolation Masks for Respiratory Protection
Purpose: To provide recommendations for materials/design of homemade masks, in order to conserve disposable surgical/isolation masks.
Click here for instructions for the Olson Mask pattern. (choice for fabric is 100% cotton. Second choice is quilting cotton)
1. Optimal fabric is single ply cotton blend t-shirt material (newer shirts; not worn or tattered)
2. Second choice for fabric is quilting cotton
3. Pre-wash material prior to sewing
4. Head loop or ear-loop preferred over ties (ties tangle in laundry)
5. Medium or large size
1. Fabric – ½ yard per 2-3 masks
2. Elastic band, approximately ¼ inches wide, or elastic hair tie/band
– Head loop preferred due to ability to obtain tighter fit; if head-loop, elastic band – 23 inches long
– If ear-loop – 8 inches long
– OR, elastic hair tie/band may be used
3. All-purpose thread
6. Sharpie pen