There are over 21 million veterans living in America today. These men and women often carry
experiences from their military service that present unique health care challenges.
We Honor Veterans empowers hospice and other health care providers across America
to meet the unique needs of Veterans and their families.
We honor veterans partners:
• Learn about the unique needs of Veterans and their families
• Educate their staff and communities about caring for Veterans facing serious illness
• Coordinate care with VA and other healthcare organizations
• Provide Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer programs
• Commit to providing the best quality health care
We honor veterans partners can help veterans and their families to:
• Enroll and access VA benefits
• Be recognized for their service with special ceremonies
• Replace lost medals and awards
• Receive extra support from other Veterans
Click here to read a pamphlet called “Four Final Life Lessons Nobody Told Veterans…Until Now”
written by Deborah Grassman, a VA Hospice Nurse Practitioner, who took care of more than
10,000 veterans as they faced the end of their lives.
We Honor Veterans is a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
For more information:
Contact the Sioux Center Health Hospice and Home Care at 712-722-8108.