Sioux Center Health is beginning to resume services that were put on hold due to COVID-19. This includes in-person visits for specialty care, planned surgeries, imaging screening tests such as mammography, and procedures such as colonoscopies.
Patients will see these extra measures in place in order to keep our patients healthy and safe during their visit:
– There will be spacing stickers on the floors at registration areas.
– Waiting room chairs will be distanced to create a safe space.
– Streamlined processes will be in place at registration to result in shorter visits to a facility.
– Clinic staff will be wearing face masks and other protective equipment as needed.
– All patients will be screened before entering a facility. This includes taking your temperature and asking if you have experienced possible symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. All employees are also screened.
– Hand sanitizer will be available in waiting rooms.
Visitor restrictions remain in place for clinics, hospitals and long-term care centers.
For the safety and protection, patients will be asked to wear a face mask when arrive for appointments. If you do not have a face mask, we will provide you with one. Wearing your own cloth face mask helps to preserve valuable protective equipment. Mask guidelines are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to protect yourself and others.
Limiting the number of people in the waiting rooms remains important in promoting social distancing. Therefore, we are allowing 3 patients with a companion if necessary per waiting room at a time. We will have staff monitoring each waiting room in order to ensure this. We may ask you to wait in your car if the waiting rooms are full. We will give you clear instructions on this when you arrive.
Clinic staff are contacting patients whose previous planned surgeries, procedures or clinic appointments were postponed. Or, you can call our office at 712-722-8374 to schedule or reschedule an appointment, wellness visit, screening or procedure.
Sioux Center Health has made virtual visits available during the COVID-19 crisis, and these visits are still available. If you are interested in a virtual visit, please ask your scheduler when you call.Leave a reply →