Certified Lactation Counselors: Jennifer VanMiddendorp, RN, CLC and Jill Schouten, RN, CLC
BREASTFEEDING & LACTATION SERVICES
When you choose to breastfeed, you enhance your child’s lifelong health as you develop a close bond, provide the best possible nutrition and even save money. Although breastfeeding may not always be easy, you can count on the support for success you’ll receive at Sioux Center Health.
Compassionate Care for Breastfeeding Moms
Benefit from free assistance with breastfeeding and lactation from Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) and registered nurses specially trained in breastfeeding support.
Services may include:
• Preparation for breastfeeding class for expectant parents
• Breastfeeding training and assistance throughout your hospital stay
• Skin-to-skin care to facilitate early breastfeeding
• Breastfeeding products available or to order through Home Medical Equipment
– Medela breast pump
– Breast pumping accessories
– Breast care products
– Nursing pillows
– Maternity/new mother bras and panties
• Breastfeeding follow-up as needed even after you leave the hospital
Milk Collection Depot
Donate your extra breastmilk to the Avera Milk Collection Depot and help other new moms provide their newborns with the best nutrition. Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD, collect, store and transport donated mother’s milk to be processed and distributed to those in need. If you’re interested in becoming a milk donor, contact the Mother’s Milk Bank of Iowa at 877-891-5347.
For additional breastfeeding information or to find a professional lactation educator, talk with one of our nurses at 712.722.8170.